All those involved in Phones4Them are volunteers and take no money at all. We have no fixed costs and so any donations will go directly to the costs of getting phones into the hands of those that need them. Those costs include:
- The cost of blank sim cards
- Pay as you go credit for those with no access to funds
- Postage costs
If you would like to make a financial donation then please do so through our GoFundMe Page.
If you have a smartphone to donate then please read the instructions below carefully.
Whilst we are always grateful for donations we do need to make sure that we use our limited resources in the most effective way possible which is why we have to put some limits / restrictions on the phones we can accept. Please ensure that all phones meet the following criteria:
- The phone is in good working order.
- The screen is in good condition, minor scuffs are OK but no cracks or major scratches.
- The body of the phone is in reasonable condition, scuffs and marks are OK but no cracks.
- The battery holds a reasonable charge, we define this as being able to last a day of normal use on a single charge.
- Less than five years old. Older phones cannot run a lot of the modern apps and services that asylum seekers need access to.
- If you have a charger then please do include it but we will purchase and supply these if needed.
Ideally the phone should also be unlocked, however we will accept phones locked to a specific network.
BEFORE SENDING YOUR PHONE YOU MUST WIPE ALL DATA AND REMOVE ALL PASSCODES, PASSWORDS AND CLOUD ACCOUNT DETAILS.
We will not accept any responsibility whatsoever for any loss or damage that results from data on the phones falling into the wrong hands.
Please note we may sell some of the phones we receive to help with the running costs described above.
If your phone(s) meets these criteria then please fill in this form. Once complete you will be sent a reference number and the address to send your smartphone to.
Please package your mobile phone securely and then either drop it off in person (please put through the letter box, do not ring the bell) or send it via the post. Please make sure you cover the postage cost. Please include your reference number on the package.